Kiigya United Farmers Cooperative
The goal of Kiigya Cooperative is strategizing ways of elevating individual farmers and communities using local innovative solution that are holistic, sustainable and evidence led.
Kiigya Coop was formed in 2012 as farmers group comprising of 45 members, 15 which are female and 30 males. In 2015, PEDACON became a full cooperative after registering with ministry of trade and industry under cooperative act CAP 112 with certificate number P4207/RCS .
- To train farmers on new modern methods of farming
- To train farmers on cross cutting issues like HIV/AIDS and environment.
- To link and network with other relevant organizations, institutions to widen farmers’ opportunity to benefit from government and NGOs programs.
- To link farmers to national and international market for their produce after bulking
- We have mobilized farmers to join the PEDACON co-operative (currently 2329 members)
- We trained farmers on herbicide application.
- Trained farmers on how to add values on their produce and bulking to attract better prices.
- We trained executives and members by Calusa, Amolatar local government and Uhuru institute